POSITION NOW FILLED
As a team we are results-driven, commercially minded, self-motivated and entrepreneurial. We are ambitious, vibrant, hardworking and energetic. To join our team you must share our values and team culture and you will be rewarded with flexible working, respect, a fun company to work for and a role that you can be proud of.
About the company
CHS Events connects hotels and venues with UK event professionals by creating amazing events that people want to be part of.
- CHS Leeds, a one-day trade show with over 200 exhibitors in Leeds (www.chsleeds.com)
- CHS Birmingham, a one-day trade show with over 230 exhibitors in Birmingham (www.chsbirmingham.com)
- Independent Venue Roadshows, a series of meet the buyer events for independently owned hotels and venues (www.chsgroupuk.com).
- Various industry related events such as conferences and dinners.
About the role:
Here at CHS Events we are searching for a personality to manage and grow our corporate event buyers from the following sectors:-
Independent Meeting Planners, Corporate Event Managers and organisers, UK and International Associations and Societies, Live Events and Experiential agencies, DMC’s, Business Travel Management Companies, Not for Profit, Charities and Incentive Agencies.
The main duty of the Engagement Manager is to ensure that your targeted number of buyers are confirmed to attend our events throughout the year.
Your role will require you to proactively recruit event professionals across multiple industry sectors and channels and to qualify all buyers attending our events via our guidelines.
You need to thrive on developing engaged long term relationships where a business transaction is not the only objective.
The duties are, but are not limited to:
- Recruitment of the targeted number of hosted buyers and event professionals across multiple industry sectors and channels to attend our events
- Managing those buyer relationships to ensure minimal cancellations
- Main point of contact for all buyer enquiries from accommodation and travel requirements to general logistics
- Hubspot (CRM) to be updated and accurate at all times
- Pipeline of new buyers into CHS Events
- Weekly reporting and accurate forecasting
- Self-sourcing buyer leads
- Be able to build and control relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to work within a high energy and super motivated team
- To work remotely from home and be a self-starter
- Attendance at industry events representing the company both in the UK and internationally
Who are we looking for?
We’re on an exciting journey and we’re looking for someone who is fully engaged, thrives on being successful and reporting on their results. We’re looking for someone who will share the feeling that our clients get when they win new business – the buzz, the high, the sense of achievement.
As a team, we love the thrill of smashing targets, supporting each other with our positive energy and showing grit and determination when the going gets tough. We’re still a relatively small team, so whilst you’ll have the support of your Line Manager, we don’t have time to micro-manage – so you’ll need to rely on your own passion and drive to make every day count.
Finally, integrity is key to our culture, so if you’re used to cutting corners or saying ‘that will do’ then this role isn’t for you. You’ll be working with a company that has a great reputation for being open and honest with support from your colleagues who share your passion and drive.
- Minimum of 1years+ experience in a similar role
- Experienced at offering buyers an amazing experience and always thriving to increase buyer engagement across all our events and offerings
- Overachieving targets and KPIs in a similar role
- Strong customer care skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong computer and administrative skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Proactive and quick learner
- Analytical with the ability to assess empirical evidence to influence decision making
- Experience of working within the exhibitions and events industry
- Experience of Hubspot (CRM)
- Experience of managing a remote team
Salary & contract type
- Salary: Depending on experience
- Location: Home based
- Hours: Full time, Contract: Permanent.
- We are an equal opportunities employer.
Position Now Filled